LTO Tape Available in all Generations, from all Major Manufacturers | 773-927-6066
At Malelo.com, save on LTO Tape from IBM, HP, Sony, Quantum,
Fuji, TDK, Imation and Maxell. Low prices and same day shipping.
About LTO Tape The Linear Tape-Open (LTO) technology was developed for open format specifications to provide simple tape storage options within a complex array of multiple product and media sources.
LTO technology is scalable to accommodate variable system platforms, whether on a single server or an entire network allowing for growth. A true multi-vendor format, LTO is investment protection for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) as well as end users.
Save on all generations of LTO Tape We carry everything you see here and more, so if you do not see the product you are looking for, give us a call at 773-927-6066 and we will see if we have it in stock. At Malelo, we offer all generations of LTO storage:
The Ultrium format means "high-capacity" implementation of LTO technology. A servo system controls the movement of the head specifying six nominal servo positions within each band. Read and write elements are able to be arranged in separate modules, either in a stacked or staggered configuration.
The process of writing a full length of tape in a single direction is accomplished in just minutes. A Direction Buffer minimizes magnetic "cross-track" interference. Powerful error correction techniques combined with state-of-the-art head manufacturing gives the Ultrium product line an unparalleled data storage capacity.
Choose from the following tape encoding options:
- Run length limited (RLL) 1,7 the higher density code that is the de facto industry standard efficiently using the media to reliably store maximum data in the given space.
- Partial Response Maximum Likelihood (PRML) encoding, which converts analog to digital.
- Write Once Read Many (WORM) feature, a write protection feature that assures once data is written to the device it cannot be tampered with.
- 256-bit AES-GCM encryption feature that supports 128/192/256-bit cipher keys and key expander and 96-bit initialization vector suitable for wireless communications and secure networking routers; encrypted data storage; electronic financial transactions and secure video surveillance systems.
- Partition feature for use with Linear Tape File System (LTFS) that "splits" the tape into two separately writeable areas to support sparse files and persistent file identifiers. This defines minimum and recommended blocksize values for LTFS Volumes as well as defining virtual extended attributes for filesystem metadata.
- Increased capacity to 2.5 TB, cartridge memory to 16 KiB, data transfer rate to 160 MB/s and increased estimated data-compression ratio as a result of a larger compression buffer.